The Metal Trades Council of Portland & Vicinity Officers has elected new officers.
- Secretary-Treasurer: Jason Joeckel of Laborers Local 737
- President: Pat Christensen of Plumbers and Fitters Local 290
- Vice President: Robert Petroff of Machinists District Lodge W24
- Recording Secretary: Mike Bridges of IBEW Local 48
- Trustees: Shawn Eckleberry of Sheet Metal Workers Local 16; Darren Glebe of Operating Engineers Local 701; and Benjamin Heurung of Boilermakers Local 104
Gary Moore, who served for 12 years on the Executive Board, did not seek re-election as secretary-treasurer.
Terms are for three years.
The Metal Trades Council represents workers at the Portland Shipyards. Last month they overwhelmingly rejected a three-year master contract proposal from at Vigor Industrial LLC. They have been working without a contract since Sept. 1, 2017. Bargaining was next scheduled for Jan. 30.