Six Portland bars and restaurants are now offering a $1 discount to patrons who show their union card. All six venues are owned by Portland restaurateur Josh Johnston. The discount came about after Johnston got to know Operating Engineers Local 701 Business Manager Jimbo Anderson when the two collaborated on a St. Patrick’s Day fundraiser for the Children’s Cancer Association. The six locations are:
- Cadillac Cafe, 1801 NE Broadway
- The Independent Sports Bar & Grill, 225 SW Broadway
- North 45 Pub, 517 NW 21st Ave
- Paddy’s Bar & Grill, 65 SW Yamhill St
- Produce Row Cafe, 204 SE Oak St
- Satellite Tavern, 5101 N Interstate Ave.
At Cadillac Cafe, a union card gets $1 a mimosa or Bloody Mary. At the other five, it’s good for $1 off any beer. There’s no limit to the discounts, except patrons must be 21 or over. “All restaurants are having a hard time right now,” Johnston said. “For people who want to come out and have a meal and a drink, the discount is a way for us to say thanks to the union community.”