OrAFL-CIO, NOLC relocate to old Machinists hall

Apprentice bricklayer Peter Gargiulo, left, rebuilds a wall outside the Oregon AFL-CIO’s new Portland office, instructed by journeyman pointer/caulker/cleaner Mark Roddy. The office, formerly the Machinists District Lodge 24 hall, is getting a makeover with labor donated by union bricklayers, painters, floor coverers, tapers, plumbers, and others.

The Oregon AFL-CIO has relocated its Portland office after completing a purchase of the Machinists Union building located off Powell Blvd. at 3645 SE 32nd Ave. The building formerly housed Machinists District Lodge 24, but that union moved its headquarters to Gladstone when it merged with Woodworkers District Lodge W1 at the beginning of 2011.

Northwest Oregon Labor Council (NOLC) will join the AFL-CIO at the new location. NOLC moved out of its offices at 1125 SE Madison St. at the end of October.

Also housed in the facility are the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees, and Working America, a community affiliate of the AFL-CIO.

Starting this month, NOLC Executive Board meetings will be held at the new location. The Northwest Oregon Labor Retirees Council and the Alliance for Retired Americans Oregon Chapter (ARA) will continue meeting at 1125 SE Madison, though they will relocate to the conference room of Labor’s Community Service Agency, Room 103.

The Oregon AFL-CIO will continue to maintain its Salem office at 2110 State St.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*