After a COVID hiatus, Labor Day picnics organized by central labor councils (CLCs) are mostly back this year and are set for Monday, Sept. 5.
- WHEN 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- WHERE Haydu Park, 253 Kalama River Rd., Kalama.
- WHAT Food by Spin Catering, bingo, kids games, music, and local politics, jointly sponsored by Cowlitz-Wahkiakum Counties CLC and Southwest Washington CLC.
- WHEN 11 a.m.
- WHERE Tom Pearce Park, Grants Pass
- WHAT Barbecue, picnic
- WHEN 12-3:30 p.m.
- WHERE Splash Pool Picnic Shelter, 6100 Thurston Rd., Springfield
- WHAT Picnic/Potluck: hamburgers, hot dogs, pop and water provided; please bring a side dish to share. Family fun and door prizes. No alcohol allowed.
- WHEN 12-4 p.m.
- WHERE Pioneer Park, Bend
- WHAT Picnic, music
The region’s biggest Labor Day picnic will have to wait another year. Northwest Oregon Labor Council hoped to return to Oaks Amusement Park, but numerous changes by park management made that impossible, and picnic organizers were unable to secure another location in time.