At the Dec. 1 weekly Zoom meeting of the Columbia-Pacific Building and Construction Trades Council, union delegates nominated officers. Since no positions were contested, nominees were declared elected by acclamation. They’ll be sworn in to new three-year terms at the first meeting in January.
- Executive Secretary Willy Myers (Sheet Metal Local 16)
- President Bob Carroll (IBEW Local 48)
- Vice President Nate Stokes (Operating Engineers Local 701)
- Sergeant at arms Steven Purdy (UA Sprinklerfitters Local 669)
- Trustees Geoff Kossak (Cement Masons Local 555), Russ Garnett (Roofers Local 49), Shane Nehls (Ironworkers Local 29)
The building trades council negotiates project labor agreements and coordinates political activity on behalf of two dozen building trades unions totaling over 20,000 members. Its jurisdiction includes Multnomah, Clackamas, and Washington counties in Oregon, and Clark County, Washington.