Members of IBEW Local 280 overwhelmingly re-elected incumbent business manager Drew Lindsey, turning back a challenge from former business manager Tim Frew in a 225 to 67 vote.
Electrical work is booming in Local 280’s jurisdiction, and the local hit a membership record of 1,300 in May. Headquartered in Tangent, Oregon, the local represents construction and sound and communications workers in nine counties in Central Oregon and the Southern Willamette Valley.
Business manager is the only elected office that is also a full-time paid position.
Frew, who is stepping down as head of the Oregon Building Trades Council, was Local 280’s business manager from 2009 to 2015, when he lost to Lindsey.
- President Mark Crenshaw (incumbent, unopposed)
- Vice President Tim Miller (outpolling Nick Taylor 218-61)
- Recording Secretary Thaddius Crevier (unopposed)
- Treasurer Bruce Hatfield (unopposed)
- Executive Board Chad Privratsky, Bob Sapp, and Jeremy Kroon won seats as the top three vote-getters in a field of seven.
- Examining Board Kail Zuschlag, Robbie Smith, and Tim Justis