Karl Koenig, a member of Fire Fighters Local 1159 in Clackamas County, was elected president of the Oregon State Fire Fighters Council (OSFFC). He succeeds Bob Livingston, who did not run for re-election. Koenig, a station captain at Clackamas Fire District #1, previously served as legislative director for OSFFC.
Election of officers and Executive Board members took place at OSFFC’s 30th bi-annual convention held last month in Bend. Rocky Hanes, president of Tualatin Valley Fire Fighters Local 1660, was elected secretary-treasurer. He succeeds Jeff Hamilton, who did not seek re-election. Alan Ferschweiler, president of Portland Fire Fighters Local 43, was appointed legislative director at the convention. Seven vice presidents were elected to serve on the OSFFC Executive Board:
- Dist. 1: Isaac McLennen, Portland IAFF #43
- Dist. 2: Matt Brozovich, Salem IAFF #314
- Dist. 3: Irik Rinnert, Roseburg IAFF #1110
- Dist. 4: Kevin Larson, Gresham IAFF #1062
- Dist. 5: Tricia Connolly, Bend IAFF #227
- Dist. 6: Brian Smith, Tualatin Valley IAFF #1660
- Dist. 7: Mike Caven, Lane County IAFF #L851
Officers and board members were installed by IAFF General President Harold Schaitberger.