Delegates to the Northwest Oregon Labor Council (NOLC) voted without debate Jan. 22 to approve the Executive Board’s endorsement recommendations for local races in the May 2018 primary. Endorsed candidates included incumbents:
- Nick Fish for Portland City Council
- Deborah Kafoury for a final term as Multnomah County chair
- Paul Savas and Sonya Fischer for Clackamas County Commission
- Shirley Craddick for Metro Councilor
- Greg Malinowski for Washington County Commission.
They also voted to endorse:
- Lynn Peterson for Metro President
- Kathryn Harrington for Washington County Chair
- Pamela White for Clackamas County Clerk
- Loretta Smith for Portland City Council
Not all votes were unanimous, and delegates from several unions abstained from endorsement votes because their unions haven’t yet deliberated on who to endorse.
NOLC, which covers Multnomah, Clackamas, Washington, and Columbia counties, will vote on other local endorsements at its Feb. 26 meeting.